DIY Elf Halloween Costume Idea Using Footed Pajamas
How to Make an Adult Elf Costume
This is a fun and easy costume which requires NO (real) SEWING! We used staples and safety pins.
Making your adult elf costume:
- Start with a pair of Adult Footed Pajamas
- Make an Elf Hat
- Use green felt with red felt elf ears (Felt is available in a 6 foot wide version for about $5 a yard from fabric stores)
- The hat in the photo was made by just taking a triangle of felt, stapling it closed, turning it inside out, then stapling the ears to it.
- Make some Elf Trim
- Use felt. Cut a zig-zag along cuff, ankle & belt lengths. Pin them to yourself.
- Give yourself an Elf Complexion
- Use green eye shadow.
- Much easier to wash off than green body paint!