How to Make an Adult Superhero Costume
Save money! Make an adult superhero costume out of blue footies and you'll get to use your footies all year long, unlike those costume bought at a mall.
How to make an Adult Low Budget SuperHero Costume from blue adult footie pajamas:
Start with a pair of Adult Footed Pajamas
- Make a Mask to Hide Your Secret Identity from Black Felt - or an old black Tshirt (Felt is available in a 6 foot wide version for about $5 a yard from fabric stores)
- Cut a 2" x 3' piece of black fabric.
- Fold in half and cut the eyes out (practice with newspaper first - your eyes are closer together than you think!).
- Make a Letter for Your Chest from Orange Felt
- Then pin it to your chest (model is dressed as Footy Pajama Man - so of course he has a "Z" on his chest)
- Make a Cape (just like the one mom made when you were a kid)
- Find the oldest, most faded bath towel you own (and wash it!) - pin it with a safety pin.
- Go out and save somebody!