How to Make an Adult Pope Costume:
This is a fun and easy to make, NO SEW costume!
Making your adult pope costume:
Start with a pair of Adult Footed Pajamas
- Make the Pope Hat Use posterboard & staples.
- Cut 2 large, rounded triangles, staple them to the front and back of a posterboard brim (tape over the staples so they don't hurt your head).
- Embellish with foil or metallic fabric.
- Get crazy, glue lovely things to it - or maybe macaroni to it or make glue gun swirls then spray paint gold over your artistry.
- Make a Pope Scepter from posterboard, styrofoam ball, tin foil and metallic fabric.
- Roll a posterboard tube, cut 4 2" slits in the end.
- Cut 2 posterboard ovals, cut slits half way into them & insert one into the other (see pic at right) - then slide them into the slits in the scepter handle.
- Cover with foil & fabric.
- Cover styrofoam ball with foil (or just make a foil ball) and tape to the end.
- Duct tape can be employed for an interesting effect.
- Make the Popes Scarf Use white felt (available 6 foot wide for about $5 a yard from fabric stores) and gold foil or fabric.
- Cut a long white Scarf, glue, tape or staple embellishments.
- Be nice at the party and bless the wine and marry people who seem to be made for each other.