How to Make an Adult Jack-O-Lantern Costume:
This is a fun and easy, NO SEW costume.
Making your adult Jack-O-Lantern costume:
Start with a pair of Adult Footed Pajamas
- Make a Pumpkin Stem Headpiece
- Use green felt (available 6 foot wide for about $5 a yard from fabric stores) or green fabric.
- The hat in the photo is made from a 30" x 15" piece of Felt with a 7.5" circle cut out of it - and the top is made from a 7.5" circle.
- First, staple the back shut - then turn it inside out and staple the top on.
- Do not turn it inside out after you staple the top.
- It's best to make one from newspaper to get the sizing right before you go cutting up the fabric!
- Make the Jack-O-Lantern face with black felt.
- Cut the pieces shown below and pin them to the footies
- For the Pumpkin Complexion, Use orange face paint - available at Halloween stores, or orange water paints
Return to Main Menu