Homemade Adult Bald Eagle Costume
This is an easy to make, no-sew costume right at home!
Making your adult Bald Eagle costume using black footie pajamas:
Start with one pair of Adult Footed Pajamas.
1. Make the Beak:
- Use orange craft foam or posterboard
- (Felt is available in a 6 foot wide version for about $5 a yard from fabric stores)
- Pattern for Men's Bald Eagle Beak
- Pattern for Women's Bald Eagle Beak
- Assemble like "A" below.
- Add pipe cleaner ear pieces (beak will appear to move when you speak if you tuck bottom part under your chin)
- Add big black eyebrows if you want to look more like "Sam the Eagle".
2. Make an Eagle Collar:
- Use white felt or an old white t-shirt.
- Cut 3-4 identical pieces like "B" below.
- Flip every other one so it looks fluffier. Wear around neck (fasten in back with safety pins).
3. Make a Pair of Eagle Wings:
- Use black felt.
- Use a piece about 6 feet wide by 3 feet.
- Fold it in half (the fold is the part that will be behind your back).
- Cut through it like the photo at right.
- We got wings for both an eagle and a bat from the same piece...
- Cut slits for your hands & pin the wings at your elbows and the back of your neck.
4. Give Yourself a Bald Eagle Haircut:
- Shave your head until you look like our model or just get a bald head wig which usually run for about $5.00.